One Day Ring of Kerry Trip
Pádraig Kennelly, a wise, learned gentleman and proprietor of the county’s Kerry’s Eye newspaper, has a favourite mantra: ‘A day out of Kerry is a day wasted.’ !!!
The Ring of Kerry Tour is a spectacular 180 km drive along the Iveragh Pennisula. It is without a doubt one of the most scenic and historical drive in all of Ireland.
There are so many places you can stop along the R.O.K but here are some that we like to stop at but everything is optional
- Muckross House (Queen Victoria stayed there for two nights in 1861)
- Torc Waterfall ( 70 feet waterfall and good for photos)
- Ladies View (One of the nicest views in Ireland according to Queen Victoria after her visit)
West Coast of Ring of Kerry
On the west coast of the Ring of Kerry there are some fantastic Villages and sites to see
- Sneem Village (Colourful village full of quaint little shops)
- Coomakista Pass ( Scenic Lookout point both east and west)
- Loher Stone Fort (Prehistoric Fort built around 7th-9th Century)
- Waterville (Lunch Stop) (Popular for its world famous golf course and of course Charlie Chaplin who spent his summers there in the 50’s)
Skellig Ring and Valentia Island
My favourite part of the Ring of Kerry is the Skellig Ring and Valentia Island
- Skellig Chocolate Factory (Some Chocolate lovers like stopping here, Very nice chocolate which they export worldwide, beautiful location too)
- Kerry Cliffs ( Biggest Cliffs in the county and worth seeing if you arent doing Cliffs of Moher)
- Skellig Interpretive centre (Tells you all about how the Monks lived on the Skellig Island from the 9th to the 13th Century, More popular in recent times due to it being the location they shot the last Star Wars movie)
- Valentia Island ( 1st transatlantic Cable landed on Island from Canada in 1866, also home to Valentia slate quarry)
Cahirciveen and East Coast
After leaving Valentia Island we will pass through Cahirciveen.
- Cahirciveen (Biggest town on the Pennisula and birthplace of the great Daniel O’Connell)
- Glenbeigh (Small village close to one of the nicest beaches in Kerry)
- Killorglin (Home of the Puck Fair, Oldest fair in Ireland)
As you can see from all the locations I have mentioned above the Ring of Kerry tour is a must, it is an action packed day, just pray for good weather and off we go!!
Merceds V Class- Can carry 6 passengers
Enquire about this tour
Personal Irish Tours will advise the client in relation to all aspects of the client’s holiday when requested to do so by the client and further act only as a booking agent when requested to do so by the client and have no liability whatsoever to the client for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation from instructions provided by the client which do not result from any fault on the part of Personal Irish Tours and furthermore make no warranty that the service provided by Personal Irish Tours will meet the clients requirements.